Thursday, September 01, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge - Day 17

Day 17 - a song that you hear often on the radio

I don't listen to the radio much, but I have a muzak speaker above my desk that plays the same vapid crap every day. On the few times I've listened to commercial radio in the recent past, I've heard this song, which also gets played on the muzak system.

Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling (?)

I think this is the song title. Youtube provided at least three different song titles, which makes me believe their fans are dumber than the band. The description of the song on the video is as follows, without correction: "this is there new song thisis the real version it ant chipmonk or anything like tht its the real thing hope u enjoy".
Well, mister illiterate youtube account holder, since you mention it, I do not enjoy. I might actually want to hear the "chipmonk" version, because this is the stupidest song that anyone has ever written or recorded. I can imagine speeding it up to helium voice rpm would at least get the thing over with quicker. I was complaining to a friend about how much I hate this song, and he told me it was the Black Eyed Peas. I never liked the Black Eyed Peas, but I had no idea that they had sunk this low. I almost didn't believe him and had to google it, and sure enough, it's them. These are the worst lyrics ever. Worse than Rebecca Black's "Friday". And even worse, these are grown-ups. Grown-ups wrote these lyrics. Can you imagine a world in which grown-ass men and women, actual adults, not just people above the age of 18, but full-on, older than me adults would write something this pathetic? Well, you don't have to imagine that world, because we are living in that world. I hear this once a day; today I heard it twice. This band is a boil on the ass of music. Welcome to my nightmare, bitches.

No comments: