Saturday, August 20, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge - Day 5

Day 05 - a song that reminds you of someone


I present to you I Can See for Miles, by The Who.  This song reminds me of my dad. He played this record a lot when I was a kid. This is the song where he would turn the volume back up on the stereo after my mom turned it down when the record first went on. Sometimes he would drop the needle right to this song. He has a great record collection. My taste in music would probably suck a lot more if he didn't have so many good records. There were a lot of concept albums released around this time but I think this was the best one. Fuck a bunch of Sgt. Peppers. Yeah, it's a good album but I don't see the sea change it supposedly caused. The Who Sell Out didn't create a sea change either, but it had better songs. When I stay at my folks' house, usually I wake up in the morning and my dad is rocking out to this album, or Live At Leeds, making pancakes for breakfast for everyone.

No comments: