Sunday, August 21, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge - Day 6

Day 06 - a song that reminds you of somewhere
In 1996 I went on a camping trip to the Smokey Mountains for spring break with my friends Anna and Steve. The cd player we brought was skipping and we had to resort to the cassette player, and this was one of the few cassettes had had with us.


Beck - Satan Gave Me A Taco

So this was the soundtrack to my high school senior year spring break. It was on a dubbed tape of "Mellow Gold" and "Stereopathetic Soulmanure", and this was probably the first time I had heard anything by Beck other than "Loser", which I had dismissed as crap when it first came out on the radio. I think we listened to this song the most, just because the story was so funny. By the end of the trip we had the lyrics memorized and were singing it around the campfire. It's a shame that Beck got so bad later on, because his early stuff was genius. Steve and I still break into this song now after we've had a few beers together.

No comments: